Looking for a fun gift idea? Consider a handmade calendar!
Calendars are great for a lot of reasons:
- Everyone can use a calendar, whether it’s in an office or at home to keep track of family appointments, birthdays, activities, and more. Even the hardest-to-shop-for people can use a calendar!
- Handmade calendars feature photos that mean something to the recipient, instead of generic stock photos.
- You can make a calendar to fit any theme, and they’re easy to make!
You might think making a calendar is hard, but really, it’s not! Archiver’s has everything you need, including blank calendars (in three sizes) and calendar collection packs with three patterned papers for each month, plus coordinating stickers and cut-outs. Add in a few photos and you’re ready to start creating! There are so many ways you can create your gift:
- Enlarge a photo and have it be the focus of your calendar page.
- Don’t want to use a photo? Have your kids draw on the blank calendars instead. Great idea for dad’s office or grandparents!
- Use the calendar collection pack to create a colorful design, from simple to elaborate.
- Don’t forget about the cover! This year’s NEW 8×8 scroll calendar features a chipboard cover you can customize with ink, paint, paper, or pound custom designs into it using the GCD Studios Chip Art tool.
- Or, sign up for Archiver’s Create-a-Calendar Workshop and decorate an entire calendar in class.
My boyfriend is one of those hard-to-shop-for people, and every year, I struggle with what to get him. This year, I think I will make him a calendar for his office. I could put photos of our various travels or snapshots of our new puppy in it. It’s a gift he’ll definitely use, and best of all, it will be fast and easy to create–a winning combination in my book!